Top five things I love about the Corrdior
by: Nancy Quellhorst, President & CEO of the Iowa City Area Chamber of Commerce
1. Interesting, friendly people. Sitting in a coffee shop you may meet a Russian scholar, a Lebanese immigrant, a local artist, a physician, or a postal worker. And many will be quick to strike up a conversation about global or local issues.
2. The wide variety of live music. The cacophony of a drumbeat on the ped mall, the majestic feeling of the historic Englert Theatre, pops to Masterworks at the Cedar Rapids Symphony, hometown bands at the Mill, and watching Joffrey dancers float across the stage on the lawn of Hancher….wow.
3. Local dining to satisfy any foodie.
4. Easy access. Ditching the car and walking from restaurant to theatre to club.
5. It’s beautiful. I am a runner and on a given day I enjoy the lush green trees and gently rolling hills or striking autumn colors or trees glistening with freshly-fallen snow.
One response to “Nancy Quellhorst’s Top Five”
Thanks Nancy. Sounds like diversity of experience and accessibility in a beautiful place. Does “Corridor” connote that?